About Our PTA
Welcome to Mills Park Elementary PTA
What is the PTA?
Why Should You Join the PTA?
How does the PTA help MPE?
What is the PTA? The Parent Teacher Association (“PTA”) is an organization of Parents and Teachers who work for the improvement of the school for the benefit of the students. The mission of the Mills Park Elementary PTA is to build strong working relationships among parents, teachers and the school in support of the students by enriching their education and experience during their time at Mills Park Elementary School.
Why Should You Join the PTA? The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents and students.
- Tap into a Network.PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences. Also, the PTA coordinates a weekly school newsletter, information fliers and social media in order to keep the entire school community informed of current events, issues, and accomplishments. Quarterly PTA Membership meetings allow the PTA to share information with members.
- Watch Yourself Grow.By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all the children in the school. The PTA organizes hard-working, dedicated volunteers. Parents are ready to help with school fundraising events. Involved parents understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution.
- Speak Up.PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement.By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model.By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits.Individuals can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefit providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more. Click here to a list of providers and save: PTA Member Providers
How Does the PTA Help MPE? MPE PTA’s Fall and Spring fundraisers have allowed us to continuously raise money to upgrade technology in the classrooms, upgrade specialist education, purchase musical instruments, cultural arts events for all students to enjoy, supplement a new STEM Lab, maintain campus beautification and much more. The PTA also organizes fundraising events that are offered throughout the year for the students and parents to enjoy together such as Spirit Nights, which are fundraisers that tie our school to the community, while Spirit Wear fundraisers give students products they can use and wear right in the classroom. Now that you know a little more about what the PTA, we would like to invite and encourage every family to become a MPE PTA member for the 2017-2018 school year. Our goal is to have 600 members this year. Help us reach that goal and sign up today!
MPE PTA WELCOMES YOU!
- Useful Links
North Carolina PTA Website – Every child. One voice.
Follow us on Twitter
Spirit Night at Moe's!
March 22nd 5:00-9:00 p.m.
Click HERE for flyer
Sat., April 21st 3:30-6:30 p.m.