what is reflections?
Reflections is a National PTA Art competition program. Winners from MPE move up to the Wake County Reflections competition then on to State then Nationals. National Reflections winners receive mini grants to further their art education.
At MPE, students can belong to one of 3 divisions:
- Primary - pre-K to 2nd grade
- Intermediate - 3rd to 5th grade
- Special Artist - all grades
There are 6 arts categories: dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
2022-23 reflections program at MPE
The deadline to submit your artwork is Nov. 1st. Please note that all entries this year will be submitted online.
We will have the Google form for submission up in the next few weeks.
Email email@example.com with any questions.
2021-2022 MPE Reflections winners
Click here to view this year's MPE Reflections winners and a list of those who have advanced to the Wake County Reflections level.
rules and regulations from 2021-2022 year
Each entry must contain a title and all entries must include an artist statement.
The artist statement communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme, and the content of the work. The statement must include at least 10 words and not exceed 100 words. The artist statement is worth 40 out of 100 points and is just as important as the artwork.
All entries must be done by individual students and cannot be replications.
Only new pieces of artwork inspired by the current year’s theme may be submitted.
Each entry must be the original work of one student only. An adult may not alter the creative integrity of a student’s work and help from an adult or collaboration with other students is not allowed.
Click on the following to see the complete rules and the guidelines for each art category or division.
- Dance: AVI or MP4 file smaller than 200 MB. Video must not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- Film: AVI or MP4 file smaller than 200 MB. Video must not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- Literature: PDF file smaller than 3MB. Entries must be a PDF file or a Word file saved as a PDF file. Do not take a photograph of the literature entry.
- Music: MP3 and file size smaller than 200 MB. Piece must not exceed 5 minutes in length. Scores are required for middle and high school divisions. Score must be a PDF file. Do not take a photograph of the score.
- Photography: JPG, JPEG, or PNG file smaller than 3 MB.
- Visual Arts: JPG, JPEG, or PNG files smaller than 3 MB.
- 3D entries must submit 3 files from varying angles