We ❤ Volunteers
The MPE PTA wouldn't exist or be able to function without volunteers. Whether you only have fifteen minutes or you are able to donate more time, we appreciate any and all the help we can get.
We will be sending out volunteer sign-ups via the Panther Press. Email Gennine at email@example.com with any volunteer questions.
WCPSS Volunteer Registration for Parents and Community Volunteers
Every parent/volunteer will have to fill out a NEW volunteer application for the 2023- 2024 school year (even if you were an approved volunteer last year).
All WCPSS parent and community volunteers are required to register through the new MyVolunteer system. Please complete your registration on a computer at home or school. It is very difficult to complete using a mobile phone.
It can take several weeks for your registration to be approved so don’t wait until field trips to try and register. Register now so you are ready and able to volunteer in the classroom, volunteer for school events, or chaperone at any time this school year!
- Click the link below to start your volunteer registration: https://myvolunteer.com/wcpss/volunteer/login
- Click create new account.
- Complete the online form and select all the schools that you are requesting to volunteer or chaperone for the 2023-2024 school year.
- It will then say pending.
- Soon after you will receive an email with a customized link for you to complete next steps for your background check. This link expires 10 days from the day you receive the email. Follow the instructions in that email. You will fill out all items in red boxes and then you will review and digitally sign four documents (Summary of Rights Under the FCRA, Disc & Auth, NC Security Freeze Notice, and WCPSS Volunteer Agreement).
- If you leave the CRC background site before completing your contact information, you will have to begin the process again.
- You must include your social security number to register to volunteer. If you do not have a social security number, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-694-8233.
- Great news is that this year you will be notified by the MyVolunteer system if you are approved to volunteer! Please Note: If you are a WCPSS Employee seeking to volunteer/chaperone in the schools, you do not have to complete a criminal background check. However, employees will still need to register in the MyVolunteer system (https://myvolunteer.com/wcpss/volunteer/login) and complete the Wake County Volunteer Agreement and other required forms. Employees must select the “Current Staff of WCPSS” link on MyVolunteer to complete the volunteer registration process and must use their WCPSS email address to complete the registration.
Visiting the School – New Visitor Management System
All exterior doors will remain locked during the school day. When visiting the school, our front desk receptionist, Mrs. Burnet, will routinely engage with you through the speaker before buzzing you into the building. WCPSS has installed our new Visitor Management System that will be used district wide. To sign in, you will be asked to provide identifying information, including name, date of birth, and have your photo taken. For an easier check-in process, please have your driver's license or state-approved ID from any state ready each time you enter the building.
The PTA can't function without its volunteers. Read about all our volunteer opportunities - there is something for you even if you have only a few minutes a month.
Room Parent Information
A Room Parent plays an essential role in communication between the PTA and your child's classroom. The PTA relies heavily on Room Parents to provide their classroom with updates on events and projects. If you are interested in being a Room Parent, simply let your child's teacher know during the first week of school.