Order your child's Mills Park Maniacs Marathon gear today!
The Maniacs t-shirt and magnet bundle is only $10 and will be on sale for pre-order through midnight on March 5th!
There are two ways to get there:
1) Either go to millsparkpta.com, login, and find the form in the "My Account" section; or
2) Go here directly: https://millsparkpta
* * *
The marathon is structured to allow families and children – KG through 5th grade – to complete a full 26.2 mile marathon at a rate that is fun and safe for their growing bodies… “one mile at a time!” Family members are encouraged to participate with or cheer on their students!
March 27th: Last day to turn in Running Logs to teachers
April 3rd @ 2:15 pm: Students run final 1.2 miles around MPE - Families are welcome to participate!
Feb 24, March 2, March 16: Run Club 8:15 am (we will not run if it is raining)
Register your student HERE
Print out your student's Running Log HERE!
Please consider helping our community by volunteering for or donating to MPE's Nourishing Noggins program!
This program provides MPE students with bags of nutritious food to take home each weekend and boxes of food and hygiene items to take home over the winter and summer breaks.
1. Volunteer: We are looking for volunteers to take on the weekly food bag preparation through the end of the school year. We are also looking for various groups (Girls/Boy Scouts, Y! Guides, sports teams, etc.) or individuals to donate and pack food for one week. The NN program will cover the cost of remaining food items if your group cannot donate all the items that go into the weekly bags. If you are signing up individually to buy/pack bags, Nourishing Noggins will reimburse you for 100% of the food cost. The total food cost should be < $150.
Sign up for a week's bag packing HERE!
2. Donate: Any donation amount is greatly appreciated. We are a 501(c) charitable organization – all donations are tax deductible.
To donate: go to https://www.nourishingnoggins.org/ > Donate
Or make checks payable to 'Nourishing Noggins' and drop them off at the front desk at MPE with ATTN: Nancy Stavrakakis on the envelope.
Mrs. Stavrakakis will have a Middle School Transition Meeting for 5th grade parents on March 5th 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm at Mills Park Elementary in the Media Center. She will send more information shortly via email.
5K Race for Teachers and Staff
Along with the kids marathon, we are kicking off the year as a staff getting healthy and fit!
Many of the MPE staff will be training for a CLASSROOM TO 5K!!!!
The race will be on Friday March 13th 4:45-5:45 pm and would love for students to come out that afternoon to cheer on their teachers and administration!!!!
It's time to register for Kindergarten 2020-2021!
Please visit https://www.wcpss.net/domain/13656 to begin the online Enrollment Process.
Once you pre-register online, the school will reach out to you to set up an appointment to bring required documents to school.
We need all families with a child that is already 5 or turning 5 by August 31, 2020, to enroll by April 1, 2020! Please tell you friends and neighbors!
We are still a capped school, so the April 1st deadline is very important to guarantee sibling priority.
If you have any paper box tops, please place them in the pink box in the school lobby by February 29th!
MPE received over $500 from Box Tops last year!
This year, there is a new program phasing in, where you no longer have to clip the Box Tops:
1. Download the Box Tops mobile app
2. Create and account and choose Mills Park Elementary
2. Scan your receipt within 14 days of purchase
3. Box tops $$ is instantly credited to MPE
If you have Box Tops clippings, please turn them in since there will be a transition period.
- Monday, March 2
- Tuesday, March 3
- Thursday, March 5
- Monday, March 9
- Tuesday, March 10
- Thursday, March 12
- Friday, March 13
EASY WAYS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Link your Harris Teeter Vic Card HERE or at checkout in store. The MPE school code is 7135. Vic Cards need to be re-linked every year.
Click HERE to link or apply for a card, and link it to our school.
Provide the MPE school ID at checkout (70218769) and MPE will receive 5% back in credits for FREE supplies! Details HERE.
Log into or sign up for a Publix.com account, select MPE, then enter your phone number at checkout.
When you shop at smile.amazon.com (not Amazon.com), on the top black bar, towards the center, click on the orange 'Supporting:'link, and search for/select Mills Park Elementary PTA. Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the school. This works at WholeFoods too!